[header]Skype Pilates – Getting started:[/header]
Set up Skype or Facetime on your laptop, tablet or desktop:
- Go to Skype home page: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/home.
- To ensure your operating system is compatible with Skype, go to: https://support.skype.com/en/category/VID_CALLING/
[subheader]SET UP YOUR IN-HOME SPACE[/subheader] [one_half][list type= »check »]
- Orient your Pilates mat so it can be fully seen in webcam view.
- Create a quiet space.
- Turn on the lights and make sure your instructor can see you.
- Wear comfortable workout clothing.
- Have a bottle of water nearby.
[/list][/one_half] [clear] [subheader]SET UP BEST VIDEO/AUDIO CONNECTION POSSIBLE[/subheader] [one_half][list type= »check »]
- Download the most updated browser (Firefox or Chrome are best)
- Plug your computer into a power source.
- If possible, plug computer directly into ethernet cable rather than using WiFi
- If using WiFi, make sure other in-home devices are shut off.
- Turn off screen saver and sleep mode.
- Shut down all other programs/downloads running on computer.
- For enhanced sound: plug into external speaker system or use wireless headset.
- Make sure your space is quiet to avoid glitches in audio connection.
To test your internet connection speed: www.speedtest.net
- For 1:1 connections (high-quality) – 500 kbps download/500 kpbs upload
- For 1:1 connections (HD) – 1.5 mbps download/1.5mbps upload